I am pleased to inform you..

3.09.2011

that CD has gotten into the preschool of choice (and the one CJ goes to).  If you’ve ever tried to get a child in preschool, you know this is major.  There was a lot of stress involved.  Cam was on the waiting list and they made us sweat it out a bit but we are in!!!!!!  Hooray!! I am thrilled. Oh I hope they get to play together at school at playtime, wouldn’t that be sweet?  When we pick CJ up from school CD gets so excited when we get to his room and he yells his name over and over. 
We’ve been hanging around the house today doing lots of laundry.  I’m hoping to get back to square one so that I can start on CJ’s new duvet and bedskirt.  I’ve never made items like this before but how hard can sewing giant squares be, right?  I have so many things on my project list, holy moly! But I will feel successful if I can get CJ’s room done this weekend.  I have an adorable piece of artwork arriving soon from B's shop Mod Memento and I cannot wait to get it!!  You will be in love!
Well we all have days and I think I’ll share that yesterday afternoon was a less than stellar afternoon for me where mothering skills are concerned.  The boys screamed at each other for sooo long that I simply began to unravel.  It was hard to keep my cool.  I said a quiet prayer that the Niemeyers were not in their yard, oh dear, because my voice may have raised the slightest bit.  Then….CD locked himself in our guest room and was screaming and crying.  I lost it and called Big CJ in a panic.  I don’t think there is anything in the room that could’ve hurt him, but a frantic feeling sets in when you cannot get to your child.  Luckily I found one of those little key thingies to get in and everything was fine.
But I was so mentally exhausted. And disappointed that I screamed like a lunatic raised my voice. But today was a new day and we did better=)
On another note, today is the start of Lent and I am excited it is the beginning of the Easter season.  I love Easter and this year it is extra special because we finally have a church that we both really love; it feels great!  Hallelujah!
I leave you with more pics from the past few days, good night!







4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Campbell got in - you are going to love having two mornings to yourself. I am a tad jealous. We cannot hear anything over here with our tornado daughter in storm mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your son getting in the preschool you wanted. That is exciting! Gotta love Mod Momentos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable! The John Deer pic is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl I lose my cool with the kids WAY more than I'd like to admit. They are really at a challenging age (both yours and mine!). Thanks for the link love, you are too sweet! I truly appreciate that! Congrats on the news about preschool!!!

    ReplyDelete